October 06, 2011
10 Virtues of the Proverbs 31 Woman
... to encourage women to serve God in every aspect of their lives.
1. Faith - A Virtuous Woman serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul. She seeks His will for her life and follows His ways.
Proverbs 31:26 --> She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness.
Proverbs 31:29-31 --> Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all. Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.Give her the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates.
Matthew 22:37 --> You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
John 14:15 --> If you love Me, keep My commandments.
Psalm 119:15-16 --> I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate Your ways. I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.
2. Marriage – A Virtuous Woman respects her husband. She does him good all the days of her life. She is trustworthy and a helpmeet.
Proverbs 31:11-12 --> The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life.
Proverbs 31:23 --> Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders of the land.
Proverbs 31:28 --> Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
1 Peter 3:1-4 --> Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. Do not let your adornment be merely outward -arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel- rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, wih the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.
Ephesians 5 --> Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
Genesis 2:18 --> And the LORD God said, "It is not good that man should be alone, I will make him a helper comparable to him"
3. Mothering - A Virtuous Woman teaches her children the ways of her Father in heaven. She nurtures her children with the love of Christ, disciplines them with care and wisdom, and trains them in the way they should go.
Proverbs 22:6 --> Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
Deuteronomy 6:4-7 --> Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
Luke 18:16 --> "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God"
4. Health – A Virtuous Woman cares for her body. She prepares healthy food for her family.
Proverbs 31:14-15 --> She is like the merchant ships, she brings her food from afar. She also rises while it is yet night, and provides food for her household, and a portion for her maidservants.
Proverbs 31:17 --> She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms.
1 Corinthians 6:19 --> She stretches out her hands to the distaff and her hands holds the spindle.
5. Service - A Virtuous Woman serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighbors with a gentle and loving spirit. She is charitable.
Proverbs 31:20 --> She extends her hand to the poor. Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.
1 Corintians 13:13 --> And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
6. Finances - A Virtuous Woman seeks her husband’s approval before making purchases and spends money wisely. She is careful to purchase quality items which her family needs.
Proverbs 31:16 --> She considers a field and buys it; from her profits she plants a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:18 --> She perceives that her merchandise is good, and her lamp does not go out by night.
1 Timothy 6:10 --> For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through many sorrows.
Ephesians 5:23,25 --> For the husband is the head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her.
Deuteronomy 14: 22 --> You shall truly tithe all the increase of your grain that the field produces year by year.
7. Industry – A Virtuous Woman works willingly with her hands. She sings praises to God and does not grumble while completing her tasks.
Proverbs 31:13 --> She seeks wool and flax, and willingly works with her hands.
Proverbs 31:24 --> She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies sashes for the merchants.
Philippians 2:14 --> Do all things without complaining and disputing.
8. Homemaking – A Virtuous Woman is a homemaker. She creates an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love for her family and guests. She uses hospitality to minister to those around her.
Proverbs 31:27 --> She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Titus 2:5 --> to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
1 Peter 4:9 --> Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.
Hebrews 13:2 --> Do not forget to entertain stangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
9. Time - A Virtuous Woman uses her time wisely. She works diligently to complete her daily tasks. She does not spend time dwelling on those things that do not please the Lord.
Proverbs 16:9 --> A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD directs the steps.
Ecclesiastes 3 --> To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Philippians 4:8 --> Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy -meditate on these things.
10. Beauty – A Virtuous Woman is a woman of worth and beauty. She has the inner beauty that only comes from Christ. She uses her creativity and sense of style to create beauty in her life and the lives of her loved ones.
Proverbs 31:10 --> Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies.
Proverbs 31:21-22 --> She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household is clothed with scarlet. She makes tapestry for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple.
Proverbs 31:25 --> Strength and honor are her clothing: she shall rejoice in time to come.
1 Timothy 2:9 --> I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.
It is not a matter of being a perfect woman. It is a matter of becoming what God designs us to be. All that we need is take the first step and go through the journey of becoming virtuous woman. God will help us along the way :) I'm cheering you on! ^^